Silent Soul Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Soul Forum

Fan Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SamCrawler

Article Empty
PostSubject: Article   Article Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 pm

I was looking for Silent Soul in Google and I found an article (sorry it's in french) about them:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080719/CPACTUALITES/807190849/5056/CPQUOTIDIEN

Basically it says that the band was selected to play the Vans Warped Tour last month and the journalist had a phone call/interview with Pat about it. How he felt about being chosen for the Vans. That they had to double their efforts to be ready in time for the show (because they were told they were chosen only a week before the event). It says that they do everything themselves as they do not have any management or producers. It also talks about their Europe fans, how they are popular in Europe, (they even mention Germany!)

If you want a better and more acurate translation, just tell me and I'll do it. It's just that right now I'm at work thus unable to get in-depth really.
Back to top Go down
Cymbal
Admin
Cymbal

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 am

I'd guess I'm the only one in this forum, who doesn't speak french at all (well, I can say my name and I can order a coffee. End of story. Razz ), so I have to stick with your translation, but from what you wrote there, that article sounds really cool. Razz Would be interesting to read that whole thing, but the site doesn't even open for me. -_-°
Back to top Go down
SamCrawler

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:26 am

Ok then, I'm gonna have to work a little I guess Razz

I'll do it Monday (or before if I get the chance, but Monday's more realistic)

but yeah, the article is pretty cool, and I didn't even know it existed!
Back to top Go down
Maggy
Admin
Maggy

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 am

Oh yeah, a translation would be really cool! Smile
I understand French a bit. But...well...not thaaaat good.
So thank you Sam, for doing a translation! Hugging
Back to top Go down
https://silent-soul-forum.forumotion.net
Cymbal
Admin
Cymbal

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 am

... has the translation thing died? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SamCrawler

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm

sorry!!! my internet died! I couldn't get to translate the article Razz

but I WILL do it this week, promise (or I will kick myself)
^^'
Back to top Go down
SamCrawler

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:54 pm

double post because AWESOMNESS

there are obviously some mistakes but yeah, at least you can understand what it says =)

---------------------------------------------------

Saturday July 19th, 2008

VANS WARPED TOUR PERFORMANCE

Silent Soul in the older children’s playground
Catherine Doré
Le Quotidien
CHICOUTIMI

Reached by phone, Silent Soul’s singer, Partrick Bouchard, is floating on a cloud on the other line. He and his band will perform in front of thousands of people at Jean Drapeau Park, in Montreal, tomorrow at noon, as part of the Vans Warped Tour. A unique chance for the band who were chosen from more then 12 000 candidats.

Surprise was all the bigger as the group was informed less than a week ago!

"We receibed the e-mail around midnight. A member of the band called me as I was watching a movie. At this hour, it had to be something big to have called!", tells Patrick Bouchard.

The trio composed of Michel (Mike) Francoeur (drummer), David Arbour (bassist) and Patrick Bouchard (vocals and guitar), had to work hard to be ready in time for the festival.

" We have neither manager, nor distributor. Except from the t-shirts, we do everything ourselves
", support the singer native to La Baie.

By "everything", he means recording the songs, the cds, the covers… and making the macaroons!

"We are rather productive… which is good, we all are small ‘virtuose’ in each of our domain. We were a little caught off guard with the announcement, which is why we have to hurry and make 200 or 300 CDs to be put in pre-sale a tour kiosk", he adds.

Their first album, "Poor but famous", will be available from the end of summer on their internet site, www.silent-soul.com. " By not having a distributor, it is the simplest manner of joining our public from and of Europe ", asserts Patrick Bouchard.

The album is already available for listening only on their site

Europe

Also, Silent Soul has a big popularity in Europe, good enough that the band created a second Myspace page intended for their European fans.

"We have visitors from Germany, Japan… Our fans even started steps to have us play as the first act for Simple Plan’s show at the Zenith in Paris, on November 23th. It’s not done yet, but we’re trying!", answers the nice singer.

A popularity that seems to overgrow the band formed in 2004, still in search of a manager.

"We’re not totally understanding what is happening to us. We play shows and people scream, there are even girls who cry! During this time, we continue to do everything by ourselves! ", he mentions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Article   Article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Article
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silent Soul Forum :: Silent Soul :: General discussion-
Jump to: